Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Avocados are the perfect ingredient for a deliciously fluffy, vegan chocolate mousse!
- 2 Sea Salt Bars
- 2ripe avocados
- 3tablespoons unsweetenedcocoa powder
- 1/4cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- For serving: fresh raspberries— sliced strawberries, whipped cream (or whipped coconut cream to keep vegan), chocolate shavings
- In the microwave, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in 20 second intervals so as not to burn.Set aside and let cool until just barely warm.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop them into a food processor fitted with a steel blade or high-powered blender. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until very smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. Taste and add a few teaspoons of maple syrup if additional sweetness is desired.
- Spoon into glasses. Enjoy immediately as a pudding, or for a thicker, mousse-like consistency, refrigerate until well chilled, 2 hours or overnight. Serve topped with raspberries, vegan whipped cream, cream, and chocolate shavings.