Salt & Malt Stuffed Chocolate Chunk Cookies
To celebrate the launch of our new 70% Salt & Malt chocolate bar, we baked cookies! A Salt & Malt chocolatey center gives these chocolate chunk cookies a crispy malty crunch to every bite.
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 150 g unrefined Mascobado cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 192 g all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ bars Alter Eco Salt & Malt Dark Chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 ½ bars Alter Eco Salt & Malt Dark Chocolate, broken into squares
- Preheat the oven to 177 degrees C. Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds to just barely melt it. It shouldn't be hot - but it should be almost entirely in liquid form.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg; beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chunks. Mix until crumbles form.
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls.
- Gently push chocolate squares into the center of the dough and pinch dough closed to seal it.
- Place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 9-13 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry and just barely golden.