Chocolate Pie with Mint Truffle Graham Cracker Crust
We're welcoming the newest member of the Alter Eco truffle family with a Chocolate Mint Pie packed full of oh-so-minty goodness!
- 147 g graham crackers (chopped using knife or food processor)
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 7 Dark Mint truffles (chopped using knife or food processor)
- 3 Dark Mint Chocolate bars (if you'd like it a little less minty sub the Dark Blackout)
- 1 pinch salt
- 120 ml milk
- 1 batch marshmallow cream (store bought or home made)
- 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 240 ml of heavy whipping cream
- 32 g powdered sugar
- A couple drops of green food coloring (if desired)
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 225 °F (110 °C) and grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, 6 tablespoons softened butter, and 7 chopped mint truffles and mold into the pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
For the filling
- While the crust is cooking, melt 3 Mint chocolate bars, 1 pinch salt, 1/2 cup milk, 1 batch marshmallow cream in a medium heat-safe bowl or double boiler. Careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 cup heavy whipping cream with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour onto prepared pie crust. Refrigerate until set.
For the frosting
- Beat an additional 1 cup heavy whipping cream until just before stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and drops of green food coloring, if desired. Continue mixing until peaks are stiff.
- Top pie with whipped cream design of your choice, or simply spread over entire pie.