Chocolate Mint Tarts
The healthiest and chocolatiest way to indulge on vegan pastry. A hearty oatmeal crust is filled with creamy, chocolate mint ganache for a delicious, decadent and easy to make dessert. This recipe comes to us from our friend Mei Chee.
- 85 g gluten free rolled oats
- 34 g hazelnut meal or almond meal
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 177°C.
- Put oats and hazelnut meal into a food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground. Add coconut oil and maple syrup. Pulse until mixture looks like wet sand.
- Firmly press mixture into bottom and up the sides of three prepared tart tins.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and smells toasty, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool.
- To make the filling, put the cream in a small saucepan and gently heat until just below boiling. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled tarts and refrigerate until set (at least two hours).