Chocolate Coconut Cluster Cookies
Our Original Dark Chocolate Coconut Clusters chocolate adds a tropical crunch to a classic. This vegan cookie recipe will have you coming back for more. This recipe comes to us from our friend Lauren Melissa.
- 70g non-dairy butter
- 70g caster sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g plain flour
- 40g cacao powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbs water
- 1 packet (91 g) of Original Dark Chocolate Coconut Clusters, roughly chopped
- Line two baking trays with grease proof paper. Set aside.
- Cream together the non-dairy butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cacao, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients into the wet, along with the water. Mix until it’s 80% incorporated, then add in the roughly chopped Alter Eco Dark Chocolate Coconut Clusters. Mix through until the dough is fully combined.
- Using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop, scoop 16 cookies and place on the baking trays. Slightly flatten each ball. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C/355°F fan forced.
- Bake chilled cookie dough for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly firm on the outside and soft in the middle. Remove from the oven, leave to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 4 days. The cookies will begin to go soft once covered.