Vegan Chocolate Blackout Truffles
These delicious balls of joy are vegan, dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free! Added bonus: they’re super easy to make! Recipe by the talented Alyce and Alexandra.
250g Alter Eco Dark Blackout chocolate
180g coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp maple syrup
pinch sea salt
1 tsp whisky or liquor of choice
1 tsp instant coffee granules (optional)
Cocoa powder, for coating (optional)
- Break chocolate into small pieces and place in TM bowl. Grate for 4 seconds, speed 8. Scrape down sides.
- Add coconut milk, melt for 1.5 minutes, 50°C, speed 3. Scrape down sides.
- Melt for a further 1.5 minutes, 50 °C, speed 2.
- Add vanilla, maple syrup, salt, liquor and coffee (if using). Mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Place mixture in bowl and cover with cling wrap, pushing down flat on surface of chocolate mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours, or until chocolate mixture is firm enough to roll into a ball whilst still holding its shape.
- Once firm, use a teaspoon to scoop out portions of chocolate mixture and roll into balls with clean, cool hands. Roll in cocoa powder or other coating.
Store in refrigerator, and let thaw for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
Note: If chocolate mixture sticks to hands whilst rolling truffles, dust your hands is cocoa powder before continuing.
Variation: For added visual effect and flavour, roll truffles in desiccated coconut, crushed almonds or powdered toffee.