Flourless Quinoa Chocolate Cake
“Dense and moist, this flourless cake is the luscious chocolate cake you dream about. With each mouthwatering bite, you’re transported to a world of elegance, full of chocolate and…. quinoa!” – Alyssa Rimmer, Queen of Quinoa
The Queen of Quinoa’s newly released cookbook Baking With Quinoa featuring all gluten-free recipes. Check it out!
for the cake
- ⅓ cup plain almond yogurt (or plain yogurt of choice)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cooked white quinoa
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 bars of Alter Eco Blackout
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
for the vegan frosting
- ¾ cup mashed sweet potato
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Combine yogurt, eggs and vanilla in a food processor fit with the steel blade, and process until smooth. Add quinoa, oil and honey, and process until fully combined and as smooth as possible, 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Whisk together dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl. Melt chocolate and add wet ingredients to the dry mix until combined.
4. Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake for 40 – 45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. While the cake is cooking, prepare frosting by adding all ingredients to a food processor and blending until smooth. Let frosting cool before covering the cake.
6. Remove cake from the oven and let it cool completely in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
7. When completely cooled, carefully slice the cake in half, making two layers. Frost the top of the bottom layer, then add the top layer and frost the rest of the cake.