Alter Eco Dark Sea Salt Chocolate Ice Cream
It’s now officially summer, so what better time to bring out your ice cream maker and whip up some of the most indulgent ice cream ever? This ice cream recipe is sure to melt your tastebuds and cool you off all summer long!
Thanks to Bree Hester from Baked Bree.com for the recipe!
- In a heatproof bowl, whisk together egg yolks and 6 Tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk together chocolate and other 6 Tablespoons of sugar. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the milk to make a thick paste.
- Whisk in remaining milk, cream, and salt.
- Heat over medium high heat, and remove when bubbles form around the edges.
- Remove from the heat, and whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot cream. Whisk constantly, to avoid cooking the eggs.
- Add another 1/2 cup of the hot cream to temper the yolks.
- Pour the yolk mixture into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it coats the back of a spoon. You will be able to run your finger down the middle, and it will hold a clear path. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- Strain the base to catch any bits. Add vanilla.
- Pour into a container and place in an ice bath. Stir occasionally, and when it has cooled, covered with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Freeze in your ice maker according to the manufacturer instructions.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container to freeze until firm.