Super Blackout Almond Butter Eggs
This simple 4-ingredient recipe is perfect for your Easter celebration, but can be enjoyed all year long. These Super Blackout Almond Butter Eggs are vegan, gluten free, paleo and absolutely delicious. And with only 1g of unrefined cane sugar per egg... they're absolutely guilt free! The recipe was adapted from the talented Monique of Ambitious Kitchen.
2/3 cup creamy almond butter
1 TBS maple syrup
1-2 TBS coconut flour
1 1/3 bars of 90% Dark Super Blackout (about 3.5 ounces)
Course sea salt for sprinkling
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat, stirring frequently so you don't burn. Spoon half the chocolate into an egg mold (or mini muffin mold). Freeze for one hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together almond butter, maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of coconut flour. Add another tablespoon of coconut flour if needed to make the mixture a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Using a spoon, scoop a ball of almond butter mixture onto a parchment lined small baking sheet. Slightly flatten and form each ball how you would like. Here we formed into an egg shape. Place baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take your chocolate eggs out of the freezer. Place an almond butter mixture on each one and flatten. Spoon the rest of the chocolate on top of the eggs.
- Transfer the eggs bag to the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Keep in freezer until ready to eat.